This program is intended for Family Physicians.
View AgendaView Agenda
Program AccessWatch OnDemand Recording
This program was held as a live virtual webinar on November 9th & 16th, 2022.
This program will equip participants to identify, evaluate and treat South Asian patients with, or at risk for cardiovascular disease.
• Explore the social and genetic impacts on cardiovascular risk for South Asians
• Identify cardiovascular risk factors and disease prevalence in South Asians
• Explore culturally appropriate lifestyle modifications through diet and physical activity, as well as medical intervention for obesity management, to reduce cardiovascular risk.
• Examine cardiovascular risk findings from the Masala Study
• Apply guideline centric approach to cardiovascular risk management for South Asian patients
• Examine strategies for managing diabetes, lipids and heart failure in South Asian patients
The OnDemand recordings of this live program are NOT accredited.
Mainpro+ participants may earn certified credits by completing a Linking Learning Exercise.
Specialist participants may claim Section 2 credits (up to 2 credits per hour) following completion of a personal learning project (PLP) under Section 2: Self-Learning Activities within the MAINPORT ePortfolio.
This program was developed by the Canadian Collaborative Research Network and received an unrestricted educational grant from the sponsors below.Back To Programs
BECOME A CCRN MEMBER
Being a part of CCRN has benefits